<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

sunset rendezvous 

the stop sign stares at me,
as the wayside beckons.
it's surely the end for me
this marvellous journey.

medals and crowns i have not,
the cupboard bare as bones can be
but scars i have aplenty with me
for the whole wide world to see

friends and foes i've garnered
in this marvellous journey of five
take the pictures off my wall
as they no longer sing to me

tears adorn each word written
every drop a precious memory
oh how i'll miss everything dear
that kept me going this five years

solitude stands pensively gazing
in the shadow waiting patiently
waiting for the tide to turn his way
to swallow me up once again

turmoil walks the path with me
oh wretched soul that i am
how i wish that i had eagles' wings
to soar from these chains of mine

so farewell dear friends, may our paths cross again

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?