<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mental Building Blocks 

Randomness.

Cool breeze descents on my face
Wheels keep spinning never stopping
Where is the end that was promised?
Or was it just another mirage

And I'll walk down the shore
When will there be two pairs
of footprints walking slowly together?
For now it's all just mine.

Brought gifts of love and hope
Filled with blood sweat and tears
Nothing but a word of thanks
Someone tell me how I should behave

Kept you at my arm's length
Reined in my heart's pulpitations
Do my eyes even dare to look
without giving my secret away

Last thing on my mind
is to ever break your heart
Mine's for you to break
As long as you don't cry

Gave without a single thought
Received words bought off the shelf
Showed you my inner thought
Felt like a deuce on detention

This is my truth tell me yours
Cut all the pretense please right now
My heart is small like my hands
Explode if it hasn't imploded yet

Cut the rope with one swift motion
Don't leave me hanging in the cold stale air
Cut me some slack will you
It's painful to go away like this

Every smile draws a grimace
Must you ask me for directions
My heart's really hurting so
Here's a compass to find your way

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?